Conid Regular Bulkfiller Titanium Flattop

You only turn 30 once right? So I clicked ORDER on the Conid site and am not at all disappointed that I did! This pen is something else... I chose the Ebonite cap and section, with titanium top and knob which are so wonderful. The demonstrator body shows off the Bulkfiller mechanism which is patented by a fountainpennetwork member named Fountainbel. It is a plunger-piston type filler tat disconnects so that the entire barrel can be used as an ink reservoir.


As you can see, the model that I purchased was the acrylic body demonstrator, with an ebonite cap and section. The turning knob and the finial cap were made in titanium. I could keep an eye on the ink level, AND didn't suffer the pain of nib splashes that bother me so much...


The finial is a ying-yang kind of thing, with ANTWERP BELGIUM surrounding the top.



What I love most is that the cap secures to the pen on machined titanium. The finishing on the titanium as well as the finishing on these threads make it seem like it's not even there. The clip - oh the clip - a fully 90 degree angle titanium piece that was also machined and made to perfection.

The pen filling mechanism is a dual reservoir system and is blocked when the turning knob is twisted all the way down... much like the vac fillers like TWSBI 700R and Pilot Custom 823. However, there is a mini reservoir of approximately 0.3-4mL inside the section that fills separately when you open it up, so you can in theory just keep using that ink there until it dries up until refilling it... which is what I did.


Here it is with a fine steel cursive italic ground at Conid. I also bought a titanium fine, and eventually a Bexley 14k broad nib for it... and it worked best with Bock Nibs.  I asked the folks at Conid, and although you can use a usual Bock nib unit and assembly without the pin that comes with the ones from Conid, but the pin helps transfer ink from the main reservoir into the mini-one in the section.


Not much to say about this one - built like a tank, great ink reservoir of  >2mL, and a great nib selection to choose from!!

What do you think?

Comments

  1. A beautiful pen! I discovered the company last year when I got the fountain pen bug and having lived in Antwerp owning one of their pens has been at the back of my mind ever since. One day!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts